Mr. Magoo goes online Job Hunting

This is a monumental moment...drum roll..my first Blog post. Wow. I was never one of those girls who kept a journal or a diary, my thoughts were never something I wanted to get out on paper in undeniable written form, and even though I got good grades and without effort maintain a kind of aura of intelligence, to be honest there really weren't many "big ideas" or life experiences worth recording. Enter the Blog. I hate that word..its annoying and non-emotive, I was never really compelled to peruse the net for online reading, but now I know I have really been missing a lot. Its a true democratic process, everyone can have and voice their opinion. What a world.

I am skeptical that anyone will ever read these words but if they do, please bear with me, its been a long time since I was required to write daily and or well, so it will be a process. I am also unfamiliar with the increasingly popular form of communication, and as I am unemployed and therefore broke and depressed, I rarely leave the house and have little to talk about in regard to Bars or "Spirited Adventure". I'll get my groove soon though cause I am Miss Flighty and I love Delicious Cocktails.

The topic of my first post is "the Job Search". Having exhausted all other avenues, friends, colleagues, craigslist, etc., I desperately started trolling "Yelp" and "Citysearch" looking for bars that I might not know about or that serve specialty cocktails,and sending email to these unknown spots praising their drink menu and begging for work. All I know is that I musta had a few too many Manhattans because I got a response from a names less establishment that upon reexamination their "fabulous menu" consisted of Like the "Oatmeal Cookie" and "Almond Joy" and of course this is the only place that responded. Yay. I think I'm gonna need some whiskey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Praising the Bar Design by Insight © 2009